Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome Mary Audrey Long!

Well she finally arrived in her own time. Here is a quick overview of last weekend's activities.

Friday, September 19: We made our 2nd trip to Labor & Delivery this morning. I was having contractions but they weren't strong enough to increase my dilation. They called them false labor pains. I thought ... well if this is false ... I am not sure if I want to feel the real ones! I was still 1.5 centimeters. So, they gave been a pain shot to help with my discomfort and it allowed me to get some sleep. And again, sent me home!

Saturday, September 20: Lots of laying around the house. John has taken care of me for the last two days and I couldn't appreciate it more. He cleaned the house a bit, washed clothes, got me whatever I needed, and helped me out of the chair so I could go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. He has been the best. Still no sleep happening and little contractions.

Sunday, September 21: Another day of laying around the house. We did get up and walk down the street a little today because the weather was so nice. As the day progressed I was having more pelvic pain but as the nurses/dr told me it was just Mary Audrey pushing down on my pelvic bone. As the night progressed, I couldn't get comfortable anywhere except for the glider in her room (and that was just for a few minutes). The pelvic pain got so strong we finally called Labor & Delivery and asked if we came in would they give me a shot for pain again just so I could sleep a little. So, we did go to the hospital around 4:00 a.m. and what do you know ... I was 5 centimeters dialated!

Monday, September 22: I couldn't believe I was dialated so much. The pain I was having was really contractions but they were just occuring in my lower pelvic area instead of my stomach area. I got my epidural, the dr broke my water and all was well. I even took a little nap ... boy did I need it. I stayed at 6-7 cm dilated for quite some time and then I felt a little discomfortable in my lower left side. Well ... I had a gotten a hot spot from the epidural which means that part of my body didn't get the medicine. So, I got to feel all of the contractions in that one area for the rest of the day. My goodness ... I'm believer in the saying that the pain you feel all goes away when you see your child for the first time. It is so true. As soon as I saw her I could have cared less about the state I was in. The birth was an amazing experience for both me and John. God is so great to give us a healthy child with 10 fingers and 10 toes. She is absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be more proud.

Mary Audrey's Birth Stats

Weight: 9 lbs 7 oz
Length: 20 3/4 inches
Time: 4:29 p.m.

Below are a few pictures from the birth. I will post new ones soon as I get them from my momma and others. Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts. John and I appreciate them so much.

1 comment:

Marilyn Bowen said...

Posted at 4:33am...what a difference a baby makes! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so glad she is here and all is well. Mimi Mare